Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Inertia and Mass!! Great Website

That wasn't too bad! Learning about inertia was a little difficult however the worksheet seemed to be impossible to understand. After going on the website bellow I was able to fully understand Newton's First Law of Motion and Inertia! The website explains that it is not normal for objects, once moved, to stop and return to its natural rest. The website allowed me to explore this idea. I think of the theory as one rolling a ball on a flat plain. The ball will stop moving because it is experiencing friction however if we did the same experiment where friction was absent than the ball would constantly move. I also learned that if an object has more mass, it also has more inertia since it is more resistant to change its state of motion. The website also offers some fun, interactive questions at the end to further develop the concept of inertia. Click on the link to learn more about inertia!! http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/newtlaws/u2l1b.cfm

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's a really cool website! It will be really great to use in a couple weeks when we have our first test. They even have games to help you better understand concepts! I liked that everything they had to say made so much sense and helped me understand, sort of like the video I found for my blog. It really helps to have a different source other than the text book explain what everything means. In the time I took to find a resource on inertia, I never thought to look for a website, but looked for a video instead. And like I said earlier I liked that your website had games to play whereas mine didn't. One thing I would I would ask you is how did you find this video?

    ReplyDelete