Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 1 (intro to Physics)

Stepping into the class room I was reminded of my past experiences with Physics. In Bermuda I enrolled in a Physics Higher Level course for the IB program. Although I did not have a 'fun' time with physics in Bermuda, I enjoyed understanding different theories. During my studies in Bermuda I learned about simple harmonic motion, projectile motion and the properties of work and power. I was exposed to this material on a standard level and on a higher level. Some information became difficult to understand due to missing variables. Projectile motion proved to be very challenging to comprehend. I also learned about all of newton’s laws and linear momentum. I have a basic idea about waves, and wavelengths.  I am interested in what causes the oceans tides. Although I am aware that the moon influences the oceans tide I do not understand Einstein’s theory of relativity and space. I am interested to learn certain theories such as Einstein’s theory of relativity. I briefly studied light and prisms in Bermuda however I am best with Specific heat and waves/wavelength. I am also excited to learn about how our position can alter our velocity eg: an ice skater spinning. I am interested in pursuing a career in the aviation field which involves a large amount of physics. I hope to become a pilot, either for the military or public. I plan on studying aeronautical engineering and aviation in the field of physics.  Although I have had some difficult experiences with physics I am looking forward to this year of physics in Asheville!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't know you lived in Bermuda! That is really cool. That's also interesting that you want to be a pilot. It does take a lot of physics but it will eventually become second nature to you. That's nice that you have taken physics before so you have a head start in class already. I also haven't had a good experience with physics class when I was in middle school. My teacher was terrible and taught us nothing. I definitely didn't learn as much in my class though as you did. Next time, I would summarize what each of the terms you learned mean so that the readers know as well. Later in the year it will all make better sense to us though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another question I would pose to you is how do you think this physics class will differ from the one you took previously?

    ReplyDelete